In today’s digital world there’s definitely no shortage of sites for streaming sports, as well as for other content. And with the cricket season well underway, that means there are numerous ways of keeping up with it.
Each stage of the contest is divided amongst several broadcasters, but depending on your location, finding streams for the matches could be tough. Unless you’re able to use sites like Foxtel Now, Star Sports, Yahoo Cricket and Optus Sport, you’ll need a VPN to get the fixtures in your area. Despite being an internationally renowned sport, it isn’t streamed on TV as much as fans would like.
BT Sport secured the rights to The Ashes in 2017, but blocked all IP addresses from foreign countries – despite having account holders abroad.
If you’re not interested in using free, poor-quality streams, and don’t mind paying a little for the service, you’ll find some details on several of the cheaper sites out there below.
If all you want is the cricket, a good alternative to a subscription site would be the ICC World Cup package. With one upfront payment, you can catch every fixture in the season and from wherever you’re currently based.
With a VPN, you can change the location of your IP address, meaning you can access these services wherever you are. While VPNs come with many benefits, being able to bypass region locks is a necessary feature for keeping up with the cricket. Below are the best VPNs for staying on top of the sports.
ExpressVPN offers excellent speeds with 99.9% uptime guaranteed. It’s known to be the best provider out there, partly because it has a wide server network of more than 1,500 spread across over 90 countries. It also comes with dependable customer support and a strict no-logging policy.
Some of the key features of ExpressVPN are:
- unlimited server switch, data and bandwidth;
- the option to choose from 5 tunneling encryption protocols;
- reliable 256-bit encryption;
- 3 simultaneous connections;
- a 30-day money-back guarantee;
- free apps for every popular OS and devices.
If you're in search of a good VPN provider to unblock Foxtel Now, opt for ExpressVPN and stream securely.
VyprVPN, a product of Golden Frog, is a well-known provider, and a popular choice among the VPN community. It has servers spread across all the key locations for sport, and is continuously improving its infrastructure. It’s also one of the only providers that owns and operates its own network and server space. VyprVPN offers:
- Blazing server speeds with unlimited bandwidth, IP addresses and free switching between its servers.
- Has over 700 servers located in North America, India, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania.
- It makes use of popular encryption protocols to ensure online security and supports a wide range of platforms, portable devices and routers.
While it is based in the US, you can make use of its Indian servers and its free shared IP addresses to access cricket games.
NordVPN is an excellent service developed for experienced users as well as beginners. It provides the tightest security as well as some of the fastest connection speeds. With servers in 62 countries and revolutionary 2048-bit SSL encryption, subscribers can get the best protection using public Wi-Fi without any worries.
The best features of NordVPN are:
- unlimited speed and bandwidth;
- SmartPlay facility to unblock streaming services worldwide;
- simplest installation and user-friendly navigation;
- in-built kill switch for your convenience in operation;
- simultaneous connections on up to 6 devices;
- IKEv2/IPsec protocol with AES-256-GCM encryption;
- compatibility with all known operating systems;
- specially developed VPN extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers;
- professional online support for NordVPN customers.
When it comes to picking a VPN, be sure to choose one that suits your needs, as well as your price plan. Some VPNs are certainly more expensive than others, but it’s worthwhile going for one that comes at a steady price, or even paying a little extra. Free VPNs are often bad quality – coming with little or no encryption and they sell your activity on to third parties. Decent VPNs allow users to stream on the move as well, as most come with apps for all mobile devices.
You can find reviews on all the other providers out there by clicking here.