Updated March 5, 2019
Virtual private networks (VPNs) are becoming a popular choice among internet users. Some people choose to hide their IP address behind one from a VPN server so they can access content that would otherwise be blocked. This article will look at the VPN providers that'll give these users the most server options.
The Importance Of A Wide Choice of Global Servers
One of the factors that goes towards choosing a VPN provider is the servers they have. The number of servers and countries the servers are located in are important because the servers are what you are going to connect for VPN protection.
Having a wide choice of servers from many different countries benefits you depending on how you want to use the VPN. For instance, you might want to use the VPN so that you can get access to content that is blocked in the country where you live.
If you want to stream content from the US but live outside of the country, you would choose a server based in the US to bypass the block. In this example, it would be important for the VPN provider you choose to offer servers based in the United States.
With this in mind, here are the VPNs with the most servers worldwide.
Private Internet Access provides access to more than 3245 servers based in 33 different countries around the globe and the list is expanding. Just a few of the many countries include:
- United States – 14 locations with 1,471 servers
- Canada – 3 locations with 216 servers
- United Kingdom – 3 locations with 188 servers
- Australia – 2 locations with 185 servers
- Germany – 2 locations with 79 servers
- Sweden – 1 location with 48 servers
- Italy – 1 location with 13 servers
- United Arab Emirates – 1 location with 10 servers.
Along with offering a wide range of servers worldwide, Private Internet Access also offers instant VPN setup with one-click installation, P2P support and connections for five devices at the same time.
TorGuard VPN has a huge number of servers. The provider offers access to over 3000 servers from 50 different countries worldwide. Some of the countries where servers are located include:
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Along with providing a huge number of servers and countries, TorGuard offers unlimited bandwidth and speed, secure web browsing, 24/7/365 support, no logging, and Man-in-the-Middle attack protection.
PureVPN offers access to more than 2,000 servers in 180 locations worldwide along with 300,000 IPs. Their impressive list of servers and regions include:
- North America – 667 servers
- Europe – 807 servers
- Asia – 321 servers
- Africa – 150 servers
- Oceania – 93 servers
- South America – 84 servers
- Central America – 12 servers
PureVPN provides a VPN service for numerous devices; these include Windows, Mac, and Android, iOS, Linux, Kodi, Amazon FireStick, Xbox, PlayStation, Chromecast and more.
HideMyAss offers over 930 servers in more than 190 countries covering every continent except Antarctica. Here are just a few of the locations covered:
- Africa – Algeria, Botswana, Burundi, Central African Republic, Egypt, Libya, Malawi, and South Africa.
- Asia – Australia, Bangladesh, China, Cook Islands, Hong Kong, India, Japan, and New Zealand
- Europe – Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, and the UK
- Middle East – Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Yemen
- North America – Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Dominican Republic, and the US
- South America – Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela
HideMyAss packages also include unlimited bandwidth and fast streaming. The VPN service can be used on up to five devices at the same time and it is available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux.
The server list and countries offered by ExpressVPN continues growing. Right now, they have servers in 160 cities in more than 94 countries worldwide. Just a few of the countries are:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
ExpressVPN offers numerous benefits including no logging, the option to pay for the service anonymously, a money-back guarantee, support that is available 24/7 and a wide range of apps for various devices.
Try Before You Buy
Many VPN providers offer a try before you buy option for a set period and this is a good idea.
During the trial period, you can determine what servers are on offer in what countries and locations. This can be valuable if you want to use a server in your own country or any specific country.
If the VPN provider does not offer a trial, they may offer a money-back guarantee. Again, this valuable tool can be used to your advantage. If you find the provider or the service not suitable for your needs, you simply get your money back.