Surfbouncer VPN Review
SurfBouncer was founded by a group of technology veterans with decades of experience. They have managed and designed large networks for several Fortune 500 companies, Government agencies and the well-known names in the enterprise and service provider industries.
Is My Privacy Protected with Surf Bouncer VPN?
SurfBouncer ensures that customer data is not compromised in any way. The company does not spy on user activities, but they do record the log in time and bandwidth usage for a period of 7 days to keep its network in optimum condition. The connection logs are regularly purged, and the company does not hand over customer data to anyone unless it is asked to do so by the authorities.
SurfBouncer takes your privacy very seriously and our policy is simple: We will never sell, loan, or distribute any of your personal information such as your name, email or mailing address to another party. We use Amazon Payments, BitCoin and PayPal as payment methods. In using these payment methods, you are assured that we never have access to your credit card information.
When you log into the SurfBouncer Personal VPN, the only information we monitor is related to the establishment of the connection itself. We know that a connection has been established but do not record the IP address or user making it. We do this to be able to keep the network optimized, as well as the load balanced and running. We do not know or ever record anything about the actual data you are transmitting. Even these non-identifying connection logs are purged within 7 days and no long-term logs are kept.
Your data comes in encrypted and, once the data is unencrypted in the server, it is sent directly out to its destination without any logging or monitoring on our part–of any kind.
SurfBouncer is a security service which protects you from being personally exposed on the internet. Website owners will not know who you are as they will receive our IP address and not yours. Your local ISP will have no idea where you are surfing to since all they can detect is an encrypted connection to our servers. With SurfBouncer you can be assured that your ISP will not be able to monitor your personal usage or browsing habits and sell that information to other companies for profit.
We highly recommend that you provide us with your PGP email public key after ordering so we can send your user credentials encrypted to your key for maximum security and privacy.
- We provide you with VPN services to secure your Internet connection, prevent your ISP from gathering your information, and to unblock websites.
- We do not throttle or limit this connection in any way.
- There is no limit on how much you use it.
- Only two connections, per user ID, are allowed onto the service at any given time. However, you may install the software on as many of your devices as you wish.
- Our basic product provides service via OpenVPN. Any device that supports OpenVPN can be connected to the network. You can also use our PPTP and L2TP services for devices such as iPhone and iPad and Android based phones and tablets.
- Using our service for any unlawful purpose is strictly prohibited. We are a USA-based company. Should you engage in any activity that violates US federal, state or local laws, you are in violation of the terms of service. This includes, but is not limited to, sending SPAM emails, using our servers in relation to various click fraud schemes and/or downloading or distributing copyright protected material where such activities are illegal.
- We will not sell, or in any way provide to anyone else, your personal user information except for matters where designated by law to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or subpoena. However, since we keep no logs the only information we can provide is your purchase information if you used a credit card. If you use Bitcoin for payment, we have nothing but an email address to provide.
- Your use of the service represents your agreement to all of these terms.
Refunds: We guarantee that the Personal VPN related services will work on your computer and allow you access to our VPN servers. If you are unable to connect and, after sufficient information has been provided, we still cannot resolve the issue for you — we will refund your payment. Once you are using the service there are no refunds. For dedicated server orders there are no refunds once the server has been ordered. No other refunds are available.
How Much is Surf Bouncer VPN? Is There a Free Trial?
You will find a wide range of plan options available from SurfBouncerVPN. They offer Personal VPN plans, Family plans, Lite plans, and VPN Router plans. Weekly plans are available, as are monthly, biannual, and annual plans for various services. When you choose a longer plan, the price per month comes down. Those who only need to have limited service for a short period, a week or two, might want to consider their Personal VPN service, which offers weekly plans.
SurfBouncer’s unlimited Personal plan is available for $5.99/week ($15.99/month, $69.99/6 months and $119.99/year). The company has a family plan that allows up to 4 simultaneous connections for $11.99/week ($31.99/month, $139.99/6 months and $239.99/year). The company also offers dedicated IP VPN server and rotating IP VPN plans for customers looking for more security and privacy. The company does not offer free trials or refunds, so you must try 1 week’s subscription first to test the service. Further, the company does not provide a way to cancel its subscription from its official website, so you need to cancel the recurring billing manually from your Amazon Payment or PayPal account.
They don’t offer a free trial, but that might be a good thing. Many of the companies that have free trials are putting their IP addresses out there, which are then manipulated by spammers. You don’t have to worry about that with Surf Browser VPN.
Surfbouncer receives payment through PayPal, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin. This is a nice option for many, as it can help increase true anonymity while on the web, since no one will know who paid for the account.
Surf Bouncer VPN Speed Test
SurfBouncer does not impose bandwidth or speed restrictions upon its users unless the customer buys a fixed bandwidth plan. The high-speed network is ideal for downloading huge files, VOIP, streaming tons of HD content and online gaming. Being a technology organization, the company monitors its network on a continuous basis to deliver optimum speeds to customers.
How is Customer Service at Surf Bouncer VPN?
SurfBouncer offers an email-based support to its customers. The company has also provided detailed installation and troubleshooting instructions on its website, but the search for this information could prove overwhelming for non-technical people. The company needs to structure its website in a better way so that customers can easily find the desired information.
- Multiple VPN plans available
- Easy setup of the service
- No downtime on the service
- Multiple protocols
- Number of Server Locations (countries) 30
- Does VPN keep logs No
- Includes Kill Switch Yes
- Devices per license 1
Is Surf Bouncer VPN Safe?
The company provides high-grade security through OpenVPN, L2TP and PPTP protocols. OpenVPN is by far the most secure protocol available but L2TP and PPTP provide better compatibility. The service also offers hotspot protection to protect your IP address, bank login information, credit card details and social accounts from hackers and sniffers.
SurfBouncer delivers an above average VPN service. However the company needs to provide a way to cancel recurring subscriptions and restructure its website. But for those who are looking for a security provider that delivers innovative and flexible VPN plans, SurfBouncer would be a good bet.